GUIDELINES FOR OUR YOGA CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
Before You Begin:
- Consume only a light snack and water in the 2 – 3 hours prior to practicing.
- Turn off all cell phones and other distractions.
- Have water in a closed-lidded container handy.
- Wear lose, comfortable clothing and (optional) a natural-fiber head covering (e.g., bandana, scarf, cap).
- Have a shawl or second blanket to cover yourself during relaxation and meditation (we provide blankets)
- If you are tight in the lower back, hips, or legs, have a pillow or cushion to elevate yourself on during meditation and seated postures. (Please check with us - sometimes our blankets can be folded to act as a bolster)
- Why natural fibers? Through time, yogis found it to be the best insulator to keep grounded during meditation.
- Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness. Listen to your body; do what works for you.
- Challenge yourself to extend just past whatever you think your limits are. For instance, if you think you can only do one minute of an exercise, then try for one minute and ten seconds.
- In a class, feel free to ask for clarification on an exercise or other aspects of the practice.
- Drink water as needed between exercises.
- Drink lots of water. Pay attention to your physical, emotional, and mental self.
- Incorporate what you experienced in class into the rest of your life, particularly the “simple” things like long, deep breathing and a graceful, royal posture.